REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Disconnect the battery negative cable. Raise the vehicle and support safely.
- Wire brush the threads on the tie rod shaft and lubricate with penetrating oil. Loosen the locknut.
- Remove the cotter pin and nut and press the tie rod end from the steering knuckle.
- Hold the tie rod shaft with locking pliers and turn the tie rod end off, counting the number of turns for installation.
- Install the tie rod end the same number of turns that it took to remove the old one. Tighten the locknut to secure tie rod in place.
- Install the tie rod stud into the steering knuckle and install nut. Tighten the nut to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm) and install new cotter pin.
- Perform front end alignment.