Removal & Installation
The ABS-ECU is integrated in the brake modulator hydraulic unit.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the power steering fluid reservoir.
- Tag and detach the harness connectors around the ABS-ECU, as follows:
- Remove the harness clamps around the ABS-ECU.
- Remove the connector brackets around the ABS-ECU.
- Detach the ABS-ECU harness connector.
Tag and disconnect the brake lines from the unit.
WARNINGThe hydraulic unit is heavy, so be careful when removing it. The unit cannot be disassembled. Do not loosen its nuts or bolts. Do not drop or shock the unit. Never turn the until upside down, or lay it on its side.
Remove the retainers an the brake modulator hydraulic unit (hydraulic unit and ABS-ECU) as shown in the accompanying illustration. Be careful not to damage the surrounding components and hoses/wiring when removing the unit.
Remove the brake hydraulic unit bracket.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following: