- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the engine under cover.
- Drain the transaxle fluid.
- On AWD vehicles, drain the engine coolant.
Remove or disconnect the following:
On 2006 vehicles, remove the intake manifold rear plenum stay, EGR pipe and intake manifold plenum. Remove the upper radiator hose, engine oil dipstick and engine hanger.
Front exhaust pipe from the 2 exhaust manifolds, then disconnect it from the intermediate pipe/catalytic converter (make certain to retain the bolts and nuts for reassembly).
Install Engine Hanger MB991895 to the front fender bolts, as shown in the illustration.
- Install Engine Hanger Balancer MB991454, or equivalent, to the engine/transaxle assembly. Place a thick towel on the end of the tool to prevent damaging the firewall.
Remove the transaxle from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Note the torque specifications in the illustration.
- Refill the transaxle and transfer case with oil.
- Start the vehicle and check for any leaks.