Use only DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid. Never mix the specified brake fluid with other fluid as it will influence the braking performance significantly.
- Make sure the master cylinder reserve tank is filled the fluid.
Start the engine.
NOTEBleed the air in the sequence shown in the figure.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Connect a piece of vinyl tubing to the brake caliper.
- Have an assistant depress the brake pedal several times, then loosen the bleeder plug with the pedal held down.
- When fluid stops coming out, tighten the bleeder plug, then release the brake pedal.
- Repeat steps 2. and 3. until all the air in the fluid has been bled out.
- Tighten the brake bleeder plug to 74 inch lbs. (8.3 Nm).
Repeat the above steps to bleed the air out of the brake line for each wheel.