Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Air cleaner assembly, ducts and air intake hose
Install or connect the following:
Fuel damper, if equipped
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel rail.
- Remove the insulator from the fuel injector. Remove the fuel injector from the fuel rail. Discard the O-ring.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use new gaskets and O-rings, as required.
- Connect the negative battery cable. On 2005-2006 vehicles, turn the ignition ON and then OFF , and keep it off for at least ten seconds.
- Run the engine and check for leaks, correct as required.
- Adjust all fluid levels, as required.