Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant. Remove the air intake hose. Remove the battery.
- Disconnect the throttle position sensor connector. Disconnect the water hose connection.
Remove the throttle body retaining bolts. Remove the throttle body from the engine. Discard the gasket.
Align the recess on the intake manifold plenum with the projection of the throttle body gasket. Install the gasket.
NOTEPoor idling etc. may result if the throttle body gasket is not installed properly.
- Install the throttle body to the engine. Torque the retaining bolts to 18-24 ft. lbs. (24-32 Nm).
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Connect the negative battery cable. On 2005-2006 vehicles, turn the ignition ON and then OFF , and keep it off for at least ten seconds.
On 2005-2006 vehicles, complete the vehicle initialization procedure.
NOTETo complete the initialization procedure the following tools are needed. MB991958 scan tool, MB991824 VCI, MB991827 MUT III USB cable, MB991910 MUT III Main harness -A-.
- Connect the scan tool to the data link connector. To prevent damage to the scan tool be sure that the ignition switch is in the LOCK position before connecting the scan tool.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
- Select -check mode- from the menu screen.
- Select -erase memory- from the menu screen.
- Initialize the learning value.
After initialization complete the idle learning procedure.
NOTEThis procedure must be performed when the PCM is replaced, or when the learning value is initialized, as the idling is not stabilized because the learning value in the MFI engine is not completed.
- Start the engine. Allow the coolant temperature to reach 176 degrees or more.
- Stop the engine and place the ignition switch in the LOCK position.
- After ten seconds, restart the engine.
For ten minutes carry out the idling procedure below to confirm that the engine has normal idling.
NOTEIf the engine stalls during idling, check the throttle valve of the throttle body for dirt. Correct and perform the procedure again.
Position the transaxle selector lever in the P range