- Drain the engine coolant.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONWait at least 90 seconds after the negative battery cable is disconnected to prevent possible deployment of the air bag.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the radiator grille.
- Disconnect the radiator condenser tank hose.
- Remove the radiator condenser tank assembly.
- Matchmark the installed positions of the hoses and hose clamps, then disconnect the upper and lower radiator hoses.
- Detach the A/T oil cooler hose connection. After disconnecting the hose from the radiator, plug the hose and radiator nipple to prevent foreign debris from entering the cooling system.
- Disconnect the fan motor connector.
- Remove the hood latch.
- Remove the front bumper clips.
- Remove the front end upper bar.
- Remove the upper insulator.
- Remove the condenser bolts.
- Remove the radiator assembly.
- Remove the lower insulator.
- Remove the A/T oil cooler hose.
Remove the shroud assembly.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
During installation of the upper and lower radiator hoses, insert the hoses as far as the projection of the water inlet fitting. Align the matchmarks on the hoses and hose clamps, then connect the hoses.