- Measure the clutch pedal height (measurement A). The specification is 6.38-6.50 in. (162-165mm).
- Depress clutch pedal several times and check the pedal free-play (measurement B).
- If measurement is not 0.67-0.87 in. (17-22mm), adjustment is required.
- To adjust, turn the outer cable adjusting nut, located at the firewall, until free-play is within range.
- Depress the clutch pedal several times and recheck the measurement.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Rotate the adjusting wheel counterclockwise to loosen the cable.
- Remove the cable retaining clamps.
- Remove the cotter pin from the clutch actuating arm at the transaxle and disconnect the cable.
- Disconnect the cable at the pedal and remove the cable from the vehicle.
- Route the cable and make the connection at the clutch pedal.
- Make the connection at the transaxle and secure the cable with the retaining clamp. Install a new cotter pin.
- Lubricate all pivot points.
- Adjust the cable to achieve proper free-play.