REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transaxle, as outlined in .
- If equipped with a manual transaxle, remove the clutch disc and pressure plate. Refer to .
- Mark the position of the flywheel/driveplate on the crankshaft and remove the retaining bolts.
- On automatic transaxle equipped models, remove the driveplate adapter.
- Remove the flywheel/driveplate from the engine.
- Coat the threads of the driveplate/flywheel retaining bolts with thread locking compound.
- Position the driveplate/flywheel on the crankshaft flange.
- On automatic transaxle equipped models, install the driveplate adapter.
- Install and tighten the bolts, in a alternating star pattern, to the following specifications:
- 1.5L engine: 98 ft. lbs. (135 Nm)
- 1.6L, 2.0L and 2.4L engines: 94-101 ft. lbs. (130-140 Nm)
- 1.8L engine: 72 ft. lbs. (100 Nm)
- 3.0L and 3.5L engines: 53-56 ft. lbs. (72-76 Nm)
- If equipped with a manual transaxle, install the clutch and pressure plate.
- Install the transaxle. Refer to .
- Connect the negative battery cable.