REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transaxle from the vehicle, as outlined in .
- Remove the flywheel/driveplate assembly.
- Remove the rear engine plate and the bellhousing cover.
- If the crankshaft rear oil seal case is leaking, remove it. Otherwise, just remove the oil seal. Some engines have a separator that should also be removed.
- Lubricate the inner diameter of the new seal with clean engine oil.
- Install the oil seal in the crankshaft rear oil seal case using tool MD998376 or equivalent. Press the seal all the way in without tilting it. Force the oil separator into the oil seal case so the oil hole in the separator is downward.
- Run a bead of sealer along any seams between the seal case and block. Install the seal case with a new gasket.
- Install the flywheel/driveplate and transaxle.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for leaks.
- Adjust oil level as necessary.