REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the liftgate support or strut. The struts are held by either a cross-point screw or a bolt.
- Disconnect the washer tube running to the glass.
- Disconnect any necessary wiring harnesses.
- Close the hatch. From the inside of the vehicle, remove the nuts holding the lid to the hinge. With an assistant, carefully open the lid and remove it from the car.
- Fit the hatch into place and install the nuts finger tight.
- Reinstall the support.
- Close the tailgate and align it by checking the seam all around. The gap must be equal and even. Align the hatch by moving it on the hinges until correctly placed, then tighten the hinge nuts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Attach the electrical harnesses.
- Connect the rear windshield washer tube. Make sure it is pressed firmly onto the fitting.
- Check the alignment of the hatch.
Close the hatch and align it by checking the seam all around. The gap must be equal and even. Align the hatch by moving it on the hinges until correctly placed, then tighten the hinge nuts. The final position of the lid may be further adjusted by moving the latch and/or striker on their mounts. When fully closed, the hatch must be flush with the surrounding body panels. Minor adjustments in this dimension may be made by turning the rubber bumpers in or out as needed.