REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the tailgate support.
- Disconnect the washer fluid tube.
- Disconnect any necessary wiring harnesses.
- Have an assistant support the tailgate.
- Remove the nuts holding the tailgate to the hinge.
- Remove the tailgate from the vehicle and place it in a safe place.
- The installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the hinge nuts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Check the alignment of the tailgate.
To adjust the tailgate, loosen the tailgate hinge-to-body bolts or tailgate latch assembly mounting screws and adjust as necessary.