Since fluid viscosity range may vary depending on specific temperature range of operation, please refer to the accompanying chart for the proper fluid for your vehicle.
- Make sure the vehicle is parked on level ground.
- Remove the oil fill plug to check the oil level.
- The oil level is sufficient if it reaches the lower portion of the filler plug hole. If the fluid is low, add as required through the filler plug.
DRAIN & REFILL
- Position the vehicle on a flat surface or raise and safely support the vehicle in a level position.
- Place a suitable drain pan under the rear axle.
- Remove the filler and the drain plugs and allow the oil to drain completely into the pan.
- Install the drain plug and tighten to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Refill the rear axle with the proper type and amount of fluid. The level should reach the bottom of the oil filler hole.
- Install the filler plug and tighten to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- If raised, carefully lower the vehicle.