When adding fluid or refilling the transfer case, use Hypoid gear oil SAE 75W-85W or 75W-90W conforming to API specifications GL-4 or higher.
Inspect each component for leaking. Check the oil level by removing the filler plug. If the oil is contaminated, it is necessary to replace it with new oil.
- Park the vehicle on level surface.
- Remove the filler plug and make sure the oil level reaches the lower edge of the filler plug hole.
- Check to be sure that the oil is not noticeably dirty and that it has the proper viscosity.
- If necessary, add oil through the filler hole until is runs out of the hole.
DRAIN & REFILL
- Raise and safely support the vehicle, for access to the transfer case.
- Place a suitable drain pan under the transfer case fluid drain plug.
- Remove the filler and the drain plug and allow the oil to drain into the drain pan.
- After the fluid has drained completely, install the drain plug and tighten to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Refill the transfer case to the proper level with Hypoid gear oil SAE 75W-85W/75W-90W conforming to API specifications GL-4 or higher. The oil level should reach the bottom edge of the oil filler hole.
- Install the transfer case filler plug and tighten to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Carefully lower the vehicle.