REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Lower the door glass.
- Remove the door panel and moisture barrier.
- Using a non-marring tool and a cloth pad, gently pry the belt molding up and off the door.
- Remove the inner glass stabilizers.
- On front doors only, remove the glass guide slider.
- Support the bottom of the door glass and remove the two mounting bolts holding the glass to the regulator. If the glass is not supported, it will fall into the door when the bolts are removed.
- Remove the door glass by lifting it up and out of the door.
- Remove the installation bolts holding the regulator to the door.
- If equipped with electric windows, disconnect the wiring to the window motor.
- Remove the regulator through the access hole in the door.
- When reinstalling the regulator, apply a light coat of multipurpose grease to the moving parts.
- Install the regulator and tighten the bolts finger-tight.
- Beginning with the lower left bolt, final tighten the regulator retaining bolts and proceed in a clockwise pattern.
- Connect the wiring to the window motor, if applicable.
- Install the window glass. If the vehicle is a hatchback, tighten the rearmost glass mount first. If the vehicle is a sedan, tighten the front bolt first.
- Operate the window a little bit at a time, checking the fit of the glass in all dimensions and all positions. The window should fit evenly in all channels and operate smoothly throughout its travel. Adjustment is generally not needed, and difficult to perform. If adjustment is necessary, remove the window regulator and elongate the mounting holes in the door. Before this measure is undertaken, check carefully for bent or damaged components.
- Reinstall the moisture barrier and the door panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.