REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped with power seats and the motor doesn't work, perform the following to slide the seat in order to access the retainers:
- Unfasten the bolts that secure the gear box to the left and right ends of the rails.
- Remove the gear shaft from the left side. Pull the gear box at the right side toward you, to detach the gear from the side rail.
- Use your hand to push the seat to a position where the mounting nuts and bolts can be removed.
- Remove the seat anchor covers.
- Detach the electrical connector from the seat, if equipped.
- Unfasten the seat mounting nuts and bolts, then remove the seat from the vehicle.
- Install the seat into the vehicle. Make sure the seat adjusters on both sides of the seat are locked in position.
- Provisionally tighten the front mounting nuts first. After the front fasteners have been tightened, temporarily tighten the rear seat mounting bolts.
- Tighten the front seat mounting nuts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm). Tighten the rear mounting bolts to 33 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
- Install the seat anchor covers.
- If equipped with power seats, attach the electrical harness connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Locate the release levers on the bottom front of the seat cushion.
- Grasp the release levers and lift the seat bottom up.
- Place the seat cushion into place, and press down to engage the retaining clips.
- Remove the rear seat cushion.
- Remove the seat back retaining bolts/nuts and lift the seat back up and remove it from the vehicle.
- Place the seat back into place and tighten the retaining bolts/nuts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the seat cushion.