REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure as outlined earlier in this section.
- Drain the engine cooling system into a suitable container.
- Matchmark the location of the adjuster bolt on the accelerator cable mounting flange. This will assure that the cable is installed in its original location. Remove the throttle cable adjusting bolt and disconnect the cable from the lever on the throttle body. Position cable aside.
- Remove the connection for the breather hose and the air intake hose from the throttle body and position aside.
- Tag and disconnect the necessary vacuum hoses.
- Label and detach the electrical connectors at the throttle body, as necessary.
- Disconnect the water and water by-pass hoses at the base of the throttle body.
- If equipped, unfasten the ground plate mounting screws, then remove the throttle body stay and ground plate from the engine.
- Remove the air fitting and gasket.
- Unfasten the throttle body mounting bolts, then remove the throttle body from the engine. Remove and discard the gasket.
- Clean all old gasket material from the both throttle body mounting surfaces. Install new gasket onto the intake manifold plenum mounting surface.
Poor idling quality and poor performance may be experienced if the gasket is installed incorrectly.
- Install the throttle body to the intake manifold plenum and tighten the mounting bolts.
- Install the air fitting, if equipped, making sure new gasket is in place.
- If equipped, install the throttle body stay and ground plate. Secure with retainers tightened to 11-16 ft. lbs. (15-22 Nm).
- Install the ground plate mounting screw.
- Connect the water hoses to the throttle body. Install new hose clamps if required.
- Attach the electrical and vacuum connectors to the throttle body, as tagged during removal.
- Connect the accelerator cable to the throttle body and install the adjusting bolt in original position. Check adjustment of cable.
- Install the air intake and breather hoses.
- If removed, install the battery and connect the positive cable.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refill the cooling system.