REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the vehicle and support safely.
- Remove sway bar links or mounting nuts and bolts from lower control arm. Remove the joint cups and bushings, if equipped.
- Disconnect the ball joint stud from the steering knuckle, using tool MB990635 or equivalent.
It is important to use proper method when separating joints. Damage to joint could occur, resulting in possible failure.
- Remove the inner lower arm mounting bolts and nut.
- Remove the rear mount bolts. Remove the rear retainer clamp if equipped.
- Remove the arm from the vehicle.
- Remove the rear rod bushing, if service is required.
- Assemble the control arm and bushing. Install the control arm to the vehicle and install the inner mounting bolts. Install new nut and snug temporarily.
- Install the rear mount clamp, bolts and replacement nuts. Tighten the clamp mounting nuts to 34 ft. lbs. (47 Nm). Temporarily tighten the clamp mounting bolt. Once the weight of the vehicle is on the suspension, the bolt will be tightened to 72 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Connect the ball joint stud to the knuckle. Install a new nut and tighten to 43-52 ft. lbs. (60-72 Nm).
- Install the sway bar and links.
- Lower the vehicle to the floor for the final torquing of the inner frame mount bolt.
- Once the full weight of the vehicle is on the suspension, tighten the inner lower arm mounting bolt nuts to 87 ft. lbs. (120 Nm). Tighten the inner clamp mounting bolt to 72 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Inspect all suspension bolts, making sure they all have been fully tightened.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
LOWER CONTROL ARM
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.