REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Place a jack under the rear axle and suspension assembly.
- Remove the self-locking nuts and crossmember bracket.
- Remove the retainer bolts and the stabilizer bar brackets. Remove the bushing.
- Hold the stabilizer bar with a wrench. Remove the self-locking nut.
- Once the stabilizer bar nut is removed, remove the joint cups and stabilizer rubber bushing.
- Hold the stabilizer link with a wrench and remove the self-locking nuts. Remove the stabilizer link.
- Lower the jack supporting the rear axle slightly. Maintain a slight gap between the rear suspension and the body of the vehicle.
- Remove the stabilizer bar.
- Inspect the bar for damage, wear and deterioration and replace as required.
- Install the stabilizer bar into the vehicle. Raise the rear axle and suspension into place.
- Install the stabilizer link into the stabilizer bar and install a new self-locking nut. Tighten the nut to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Install the joint cups and stabilizer rubber to the link. Install a new self-locking nut onto the link. While holding the stabilizer link ball studs with a wrench, tighten the self-locking nut so the protrusion of the stabilizer link is within 0.354-0.433 in. (9-11mm).
- Install the center stabilizer bar bushings, brackets and bolts. Tighten the bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Install the parking brake cable and rear speed sensor installation bolt.
- Install the crossmember bracket and tighten the bolt to 61 ft. lbs. (85 Nm). Tighten the crossmember bracket mounting nut to 94 ft. lbs. (130 Nm).
- Install the rubber insulators and new self-locking nuts onto the crossmember brackets. Tighten the nuts to 80-94 ft. lbs. (110-130 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the stabilizer links by removing the self-locking nuts.
- Remove the stabilizer bar mounting brackets and bushings.
- Remove the bar from the vehicle.
- Inspect all components for wear or damage, and replace parts as needed.
- Install the stabilizer bar into the vehicle.
- Loosely install the stabilizer bar brackets on the vehicle.
- Align the side locating markings on the stabilizer bar, so that the marking on the bar extends approximately 0.39 inches (10mm) from the outer edge of the mounting bracket, on both sides.
- With the stabilizer bar properly aligned, tighten the mounting bracket bolts to 28 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).
- Connect the stabilizer links to the damper fork and the stabilizer bar. Tighten the locking nuts to 28 ft. lbs. (38 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle and connect the negative battery cable.