REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Label and disconnect the spark plug wires from the distributor cap.
- Remove the distributor cap retaining screws or clips and remove the cap from the distributor.
- Note its installed position, then remove the rotor from the distributor shaft.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal.
After removing the distributor cap and rotor, clean the components (both inside and outside of the cap) using soap and water. If compressed air is available, carefully dry the components (wearing safety goggles) or allow the parts to air dry. You can dry them with a clean, soft cloth, but don't leave any lint or moisture behind.
Once the cap and rotor have been thoroughly cleaned, check for cracks, carbon tracks, burns or other physical damage. Make sure the distributor cap's center button is free of damage. Check the cap terminals for dirt or corrosion. Always check the rotor blade and spring closely for damage. Replace any components where damage is found.