REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On vehicles not covered here, the windshield wiper switch is incorporated into the combination switch and is not separately serviceable. Refer to the procedure above.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped with an air bag, disarm as follows:
- Position the front wheels in the straight ahead position and place the key in the LOCK position. Remove the key from the ignition lock cylinder.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and insulate the cable end with high-quality electrical tape or similar non-conductive wrapping.
- Wait at least 1 minute before working on the vehicle. The air bag system is designed to retain enough voltage to deploy the air bag for a short period of time even after the battery has been disconnected.
- Remove the steering wheel. as outlined earlier in this section.
- Remove the hood lock release handle.
- Remove the switches from the knee protector below the steering column, and remove the exposed retaining screws. Then remove the knee protector.
- Remove the column covers.
- Remove necessary duct work and detach the windshield wiper switch connectors.
- Remove the retaining screws and remove the windshield wiper switch assembly from the steering column.
- Install the wiper switch to the steering column and connect the connectors.
- Install any removed duct work.
- Install the column covers.
- Install the knee protector and switches.
- Install the hood release handle.
- Confirm that the front wheels are in a straight ahead position. Install the steering wheel, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the windshield wiper and washer for proper operation.