Drive Belt Routings
Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Insert a1/2 inch breaker bar into the square hole on the drive belt auto tensioner, and rotate it clockwise until the tensioner touches the stopper.
- Align hole B with hole A, and insert a 5.0 mm (0.20 inch) Allen wrench to hold the tensioner.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.