Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Support the lower control arm.
- Remove the upper ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the ball joint from the upper control arm.
- Install the ball joint in the upper control arm. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm) for 1998-00 models; 22 ft. lbs. (30Nm) for 2001-02 models.
- Install the ball joint stud to the steering knuckle. Torque the nut to 54 ft. lbs. (74 Nm).
- Install a new cotter pin.
- Install the front wheel.
Grease the upper ball joint and all other suspension components with a grease fitting.