Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Shock absorber lower bolt
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the lower arm bolt to 113 ft. lbs. (152 Nm).
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain some brake fluid from the master cylinder, as required.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Disconnect the brake hose connection. Remove the clip.
- Remove the rear wheel speed sensor retaining screws.
- Remove the bump stopper. Remove the stabilizer link and upper arm assembly connection.
- Remove the upper ball joint cotter pin and locknut.
- Using the proper tools, separate the upper ball joint and knuckle connection.
- Disconnect the connection of the DOJ assembly and the companion shaft assembly.
- Remove the upper arm assembly and rear frame connection mounting nuts and bolts.
- Remove the upper control arm from the vehicle.
- As required, remove the upper ball joint from the upper control arm assembly.
- Position the upper control arm assembly to its mounting.
- Install the upper control arm retaining nuts and bolts.
- After installing the upper arm, tighten the connecting bolt of the DOJ assembly and the companion shaft assembly to 74-94 ft. lbs.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Check and adjust the rear wheel alignment.
- Bleed the brake system. Fill the master cylinder with the proper grade and type brake fluid.