Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the brake fluid from the brake system.
Move the lock lever of the ABS-ECU connector as shown in the accompanying illustration, then detach the harness connector.
- Disconnect the brake pipe connection.
Remove the retainers, then remove the hydraulic unit and ABS-ECU assembly.
WARNINGThe hydraulic unit is heavy, so be careful when removing it. The unit cannot be disassembled. Do not loosen its nuts or bolts. Do not drop or shock the unit. Never turn the until upside down, or lay it on its side.
Remove the hydraulic unit bracket assembly.
- Install the hydraulic unit bracket. Tighten the retainers to 15-23 ft. lbs. (19-31 Nm).
- Install the hydraulic unit and ABS-ECU.
Connect the brake pipes to the unit, as shown in the accompanying illustration. Tighten to 10-12 ft. lbs. (13-17 Nm).
- Attach the harness connector.
- Fill the brake system with fluid, then bleed the brake lines, as outlined at the beginning of this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.