Description & Operation
A 5-volt power supply is applied on the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor (main) power terminal from the PCM. The ground terminal is grounded with PCM. When the accelerator pedal is moved from the idle position to the fully opened position, the resistance between the accelerator pedal position sensor (main) output terminal and ground terminal will increase according to the depression.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the electrical connector at the sensor.
- Remove the sensor from the bracket.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Disconnect the sensor connector.
- Measure the resistance between the sensor connector terminal No. 1 sensor (main) earth and terminal No. 2 sensor (main) power supply, and between terminal No.7 sensor (sub) earth and terminal No. 8 sensor (sub) power supply. Standard value: 3.5-6.5 Kohms
- Measure the resistance between sensor connector terminal No. 2 sensor (main) power supply and terminal No. 3 sensor (main) output; and between terminal No.8 sensor (sub) power supply and terminal No. 6 sensor (sub) output. When accelerator pedal is gently depressed increases in the resistance are comparatively smooth in proportion to the accelerator pedal depression amount.
If the measured values are outside the standard value range, or if the resistance does not change smoothly, replace the sensor.