- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge the A/C system, as outlined at the beginning of this section.
- Disconnect the flexible suction hose, then plug the hose and nipple to prevent contaminants from entering the system. Remove and discard the O-ring.
- Disconnect the flexible discharge hose, then plug the hose and nipple to prevent contaminants from entering the system. Remove and discard the O-ring.
- Remove the A/C compressor drive belt, as follows:
- Unfasten the retainers and remove the A/C compressor. Be careful not to spill any compressor oil when removing the compressor.
Remove the compressor bracket.
- Install the A/C compressor bracket.
If installing a new compressor, you must adjust the amount of oil as follows:
- Measure the amount [X cm3 (X fl. oz) of oil within the removed compressor
- Drain (from the new compressor) the amount of oil calculated according to the following formula, and then install the new compressor.
New compressor oil amount = 140cm2 (4.7 fl. oz)
140 cm3 - X cm3 = Y cm3 (4.7 fl. oz - X fl. oz = Y fl. oz)
Evaporator: 60 cm3 (2.0 fl. oz)
- Install the compressor.
- Install the drive belt
- Connect the suction and discharge hoses with new O-rings and tighten the bolt to 15-21 ft. lbs. (21-29 Nm).
- Charge the A/C system with refrigerant, as outlined in this section.
- Install the front bumper undercover and front right undercover.
- Connect the negative battery cable