Removal & Installation
For fan control module removal and installation, refer to the Radiator Replacement procedure in the Engine Mechanical Section.Testing
- Remove the fan control module connector.
Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position, and measure the voltage between the harness-side connector terminals. Standard value: Battery positive voltage
- Connect the fan control module connector, and disconnect the condenser fan motor connector.
- Ensure that the A/C switch is off, and start the engine and run it at idle.
Measure the voltage between the fan control module-side connector terminals. Standard value: 1V or less.
CAUTIONStay clear of the fan when the fan starts running.
- Turn the A/C switch to the "ON" position.
- Measure the voltage between the fan control module-side connector terminals while the fan is running. The voltage should repeat the values 1) and 2) below. Standard value: 1) 8.2 ± 2.6 V 2) Battery positive voltage ± 2.6 V
- If the voltage does not repeatedly change as indicated, replace the radiator fan motor.