Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONWait at least 90 seconds after the negative battery cable is disconnected to prevent possible deployment of the air bag.
- Drain the engine coolant.
Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the rubber hose from the reserve tank and radiator.
- Matchmark the installed positions of the hose and hose clamp, then disconnect the upper radiator hose.
- Remove the radiator fan motor assembly.
Disassemble the fan, fan motor and shroud.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
During installation of the upper radiator hose, insert the hose as far as the projection of the water inlet fitting, water outlet fitting or radiator. Align the matchmark on the hose and hose clamp, then connect the hose.
- Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine and check for leaks.