Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONWait at least 90 seconds after the negative battery cable is disconnected to prevent possible deployment of the air bag.
- Drain the engine coolant.
Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the drain plug and radiator cap, if you haven-t done so already.
- Disconnect the rubber hose from the radiator and reserve tank.
- Remove the reserve tank assembly.
- Matchmark the installed positions of the hoses and hose clamps, then disconnect the upper and lower radiator hoses.
- If equipped with an automatic transaxle, disconnect the A/T fluid cooler hose connection. Plug the line and the nipple to prevent debris from entering the cooling system.
- Remove the upper insulator.
- Remove the radiator assembly.
- Remove the lower insulator.
- If equipped with an automatic transaxle, disconnect the A/T fluid cooler hose assembly.
- Remove the fan control module.
Remove the radiator fan motor assembly.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
During installation of the upper and lower radiator hoses, insert the hoses as far as the projection of the water inlet fitting, water outlet fitting or radiator. Align the matchmarks on the hoses and hose clamps, then connect the hoses.
- Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine and check for leaks.