Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEOn some vehicles, the front caliper can be flipped up by leaving the upper pin in place and using it as a pivot point.
Some of the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir
- Compress pistons back into the caliper bore.
- Lubricate slide points and install the brake pads, shims and spring clips.
- Install the caliper.
- Lubricate and install the caliper guide and lock pins in their original positions.
- Check and adjust the brake fluid level, as required.
- Install the wheels.