Disconnect the negative battery cable, then the positive battery cable.
CAUTIONWait at least 90 seconds after the negative battery cable is disconnected to prevent possible deployment of the air bag.
- Drain the engine coolant.
Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the battery and battery tray.
- Matchmark the installed positions of the hose and hose clamp, then disconnect the lower radiator hose from the water inlet fitting.
- Detach the control hose electrical connection.
- Remove the control wiring harness connection bracket.
- Unfasten the retainer(s), then remove the water inlet fitting.
Remove the thermostat.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
Install the thermostat so the jiggle valve is facing straight up. Be careful not to fold or otherwise damage the rubber ring.
- Connect the positive, then the negative battery cables, then start the engine and check for leaks.