To test the G-sensor a special Mitsubishi scan tool would be needed. Therefore, if the ABS warning light comes on or a problem with the ABS is evident, have the system diagnosed by an automotive mechanic familiar with the Mitsubishi ABS systems. After the vehicle has been diagnosed and the cause is known, the defective part can be replaced at home.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
On all 1992-95 Monteros, the G-sensor is located under the rear center console next to the parking brake hand lever.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Remove the rear center console to gain access to the G-sensor.
- Unplug the wiring harness connector to the G-sensor.
- Remove the two retaining bolts and extract the G-sensor from the vehicle.
- To install, set the G-sensor in place and secure it in place with the retaining bolts.
- Plug the wiring harness connectors back together.
- Install the rear center console.
- Connect the negative cable to the battery.
- Have the ABS system re-checked to make certain that the new G-sensor functions correctly.