See Figure 1
- The idle must be set with the engine fully warmed up, the lights and all electrical accessories off, the transmission in NEUTRAL and the parking brake applied.
- Run the engine for more than 5 seconds at a speed between 2000 and 3000 rpm.
- Allow the engine to idle for at least 2 minutes.
- Using a diesel tachometer, check the idle speed. Correct speed is 700-800 rpm.
- Adjust the speed to specification as necessary using the idle speed adjusting screw. Loosen the locknut and turn the screw to attain correct idle. Retighten the locknut.
Do not adjust any other screws in the area.