See Figure 1
- The idle must be set with the engine fully warmed up, the lights and all electrical accessories off, the transmission in NEUTRAL and the parking brake applied.
- Run the engine for more than 5 seconds at a speed between 2000 and 3000 rpm.
- Allow the engine to idle for at least 2 minutes.
- Using a diesel tachometer, check the idle speed. Correct speed is 700-800 rpm.
- Adjust the speed to specification as necessary using the idle speed adjusting screw. Loosen the locknut and turn the screw to attain correct idle. Retighten the locknut.