REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove all drive belts.
- Unfasten the fan shroud securing bolts and remove the fan shroud.
The radiator and/or the air conditioning condenser may need to be removed to facilitate fan removal.
- Loosen the fan-to-fluid coupling bolts and remove the fan.
- If the fluid coupling needs to be removed, loosen and remove the water pump pulley connecting bolts and pull the fluid coupling device off of the engine.
- Install the fluid coupling device and tighten the nuts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the fan on the fluid coupling and tighten the bolts evenly to 6-9 ft. lbs. (8-12 Nm).
- Install the fan shroud.
- Install all drive belts and adjust them as detailed previously.
- Check the cooling system level, start the engine and check for proper operation.