REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the defogger terminals from the window.
- Remove the back door window glass moulding and window in the same way as for the windshield glass-refer to the previous procedures.
- Remove the dual lock fasteners from the window, once it has been removed.
- To install, attach the dual lock fasteners so that the fastener ends are aligned with the notches on the body.
- Install the rear window in the same manner as the windshield-refer to the preceding procedures.
- Install the defogger terminals to the window.
See Figures 4 through 8
- Use a prytool to pry up the lip of the weatherstrip and remove the rear window glass.
- Once the window is removed from the vehicle, the window assembly can disassembled.
- Install the new weatherstrip to the window. Set two strings around the window in the weatherstrip groove.
Make sure that the strings overlap each other at both ends.
- Apply a soap solution to the entire surface of the body flange.
- Place the windshield in position from the outside with the strings placed inside the cabin.
- With the aid of an assistant to push the windshield from the outside, slowly pull one end of the string at right angles to the windshield and fit the weatherstrip correctly on the windshield flange.
Pull the strings, working from both sides of the glass toward the center and pushing from the outside of the glass.
Press lightly to hold the glass against the body flange surface.