REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Refer to the procedures for the removal and installation of the door window glass replacement, and remove the vent window and frame assembly from the door as described. With the vent window and frame removed from the door, disassembly can easily be accomplished.
- Remove the door window glass runchannel from the ventilator sash assembly.
- Remove the vent window hinge assembly by removing the screws. Make certain to note the locations and placement of the screws, hinges, packing and washers.
- Remove the pin holding the ventilator window lock handle onto the ventilator sash. Remove the push button, the push button spring and the wave washer from the ventilator window lock handle.
- Remove the screws from the ventilator open handle. Remove the ventilator sash spring kit and note the positions of the various washers, bushings and nuts.
- Remove the ventilator sash from the ventilator window glass pad. Slide the window glass out of the ventilator sash assembly frame, then remove the weatherstrip from the window.
- Before installation of the vent window, refer to the illustration to see where to apply sealant to the window.
- Install the weatherstriping to the window, then install the window into the frame.
- Install the ventilator window glass pad, then the ventilator sash.
- Install the ventilator sash spring kit and the ventilator open handle.
- Adjust the ventilator window by turning the adjusting nut so that the ventilator window can be operated smoothly.
Fix the adjusting nut by bending the lockwasher after the adjustment.
- Install the ventilator window lock handle assembly to the sash. Install the ventilator window hinge assembly.
- Install the door window glass runchannel to the sash assembly.
- Install the vent window assembly into the door-refer to the door window glass removal and installation procedures.