Mitsubishi Pick-ups and Montero 1983-1995 Repair Guide



Don't run an engine in a garage or anywhere else without proper ventilation-EVER! Carbon monoxide is poisonous. It is absorbed by the body 400 times faster than oxygen. It takes a long time to leave the human body and you can build up a deadly supply of it in your system by simply breathing in a little every day. You may not realize that you are slowly poisoning yourself. Always use power vents, windows, fans or open the garage doors.
Don't work around moving parts while wearing a necktie or other loose clothing. Short sleeves are much safer than long, loose sleeves. Hard-toed shoes with neoprene soles protect your toes and give a better grip on slippery surfaces. Jewelry such as watches, fancy belt buckles, beads, or body adornment of any kind is not safe while working around a truck. Long hair should be hidden under a hat or cap.
Don't use pockets for toolboxes. A fall or bump can drive a screwdriver deep into you body. Even a wiping cloth hanging from the back pocket can wrap around a spinning shaft or fan.
Don't smoke when working around gasoline, cleaning solvent or other flammable material.
Don't smoke when working around the battery. When the battery is being charged, it gives off explosive hydrogen gas.
Don't use gasoline to wash your hands. There are excellent soaps available. Gasoline contains compounds which are hazardous to your health. Gasoline also removes all the natural oils from the skin so that bone dry hands will suck up oil and grease.
Don't service the air conditioning system unless you are equipped with the necessary tools and training. The refrigerant, is extremely cold and when exposed to the air, will instantly freeze any surface it comes in contact with, including your eyes. Keep R-12 refrigerant away from open flames, poisonous gas will be produced if refrigerant burns.