The intermittent wiper relays on 1991-95 Pick-ups and 1992-95 Monteros are integral parts of the column-mounted switch. Refer to the column switch procedures for those models.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the front door scuff plate and the door opening trim.
- Insert a plastic trim tool under the left-hand side cowl side trim and remove the clips. Remove the cowl side trim.
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable from the battery.
- Unplug the wiring harness from the intermittent wiper relay.
- Remove the retaining screw holding the wiper relay in place and remove the relay itself.
- To install, hold the relay in position and secure it there with the screw.
- Plug the wiring harness back into the wiper relay.
- Install the cowl side trim, the door opening trim and the front door scuff plate.
- Connect the negative (-) battery cable to the battery.