Removal & Installation
3.7L And 4.7L Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Partially drain the cooling system.
- Remove the upper radiator hose.
- Remove the air filter housing assembly.
- Using special tool 6958 and adapter 8346 or similar, remove the fan/viscous fan drive assembly from the water pump. Do not remove the fan/viscous fan drive assembly from the vehicle at this time.
- Position the fan/fan drive assembly in the radiator shroud.
- Remove the two shroud mounting screws.
- Remove the radiator shroud and fan drive assembly.
- Place the viscous fan drive in a horizontal position.
- Remove the four bolts securing the fan blade assembly to viscous fan drive.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten fan blade assembly to viscous fan drive bolts to 17 ft. lbs. Tighten fan shroud retaining screws to 50 in. lbs.