Belt tension is not adjustable. Belt adjustment is maintained by an automatic ( spring load ) belt tensioner.
Drive Belt Routings
Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.
Removal & Installation
3.7L & 4.7L Engines
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Rotate the belt tensioner until it contacts its stops.
- Remove the belt, then slowly release the tensioner .
- Route the belt around all the pulleys except the idler pulley.
- Rotate the tensioner arm until it contacts its stop position.
- Route the belt around the idler and slowly let the tensioner rotate into the belt.
- On 4.7L engine, check the gap between the tang and the housing stop must not exceed 55mm. If the measurement exceeds this specifications, replace the drive belt.