Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONNever allow the disc brake caliper to hang from the brake hose. Damage to the brake hose with result. Provide a suitable support to hang the caliper securely.
- Remove the wheel.
- Compress the disc brake caliper.
- Remove the banjo bolt and discard the copper washers.
- Remove the caliper slide pin bolts.
- Remove the disc brake caliper from the caliper adapter.
Remove the caliper slide pins from the adapter.
- Thoroughly coat the new slide pins on all working surfaces.
- Install the boot onto the slide pin and then insert into the adapter.
Push the pin all the way into the adapter and carefully expel the trapped air by gently pushing on the boot near the slide pin head.
NOTEInstall a new copper washers on the banjo bolt when installing
- Install the disc brake caliper to the brake caliper adapter.
- Install the banjo bolt with new copper washers to the caliper. Tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Install the caliper slide pin bolts. Tighten to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system.
- Install the wheel.