Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Place the transmission in neutral.
- Remove the half shaft from vehicle.
- Remove skid plate, if equipped.
- Clean the axle seal area.
- Remove the snapring from the axle shaft.
Remove the axle with Special Tool 8420A and slide hammer C-3752, or equivalent.
- Lubricate the bearing bore and seal lip with gear lubricant.
- Insert the axle shaft through seal, bearing, and engage it into the side gear splines. Push firmly on the axle shaft to engage the snapring.
- Check the differential fluid level and add fluid if necessary.
- Install the skid plate, if necessary.
- Install the half shaft.