Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Support the half shaft at the CV joint housings.
- Position two pry bars behind the inner CV housing and disengage the CV joint from the axle.
- Remove the half shaft from the vehicle.
- Apply a light coating of wheel bearing grease on the axle splines.
- Insert the half shaft stub through the steering knuckle and onto the axle. Verify the shaft snapring engages with the groove on the inside of the joint housing.
- Clean the hub bearing bore and hub bearing mating surface of all foreign materials. Apply a light coating of grease to all mating surfaces.
- Install the hub bearing onto the axle half shaft and steering knuckle.
- Install the hub bearing bolts and tighten to 120 ft. lbs. (163 Nm).
- Install the ABS wheel speed sensor, if equipped.
- Install brake rotor and caliper.
- Apply the brakes and tighten hub nut to 185 ft. lbs. (251 Nm).
- Install the skid plate, if equipped.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.