Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Support the lower control arm outboard end.
Remove the upper shock nuts.
- Remove the stabilizer link lower nut and then separate the stabilizer link from the lower control arm to gain access to the lower shock nut.
Remove the lower shock bolt and nut.
- Remove the shock.
All suspension components should be tightened with the weight of the vehicle on them (curb height).
- Install the upper part of the shock into the frame bracket.
- Install the upper nuts. Tighten to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).
- Install the lower part of the shock into the lower control arm shock bushing.
- Position shock module clevis to lower control arm. Install bolt so head of bolt is facing rear of vehicle and hand start nut. Tighten the bolt and nut to 155 ft. lbs. (210 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer link lower nut to the lower control arm. Tighten to 75 ft. lbs. (102 Nm).
- Remove the support from the lower control arm outboard end.
- Install the front wheel.