The hub/bearing assembly is not adjustable.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the brake caliper and rotor.
- Remove the ABS wheel speed sensor if equipped.
Remove the halfshaft nut, if equipped with 4WD.
WARNINGDo not strike the knuckle with a hammer to remove the tie rod end or the ball joint. Damage to the steering knuckle will occur.
- Pull down on the steering knuckle to separate the halfshaft from the hub/bearing (4WD).
- Remove the three hub/bearing mounting bolts from the steering knuckle.
- Slide the hub/bearing out of the steering knuckle.
Remove the brake dust shield.
- Install the brake dust shield.
- Install the hub/bearing into the steering knuckle and tighten the bolts to 120 ft. lbs. (163 Nm).
- Install the brake rotor and caliper.
- Install the ABS wheel speed sensor if equipped.
- Install the halfshaft nut, if equipped with 4WD. Tighten to 185 ft. lbs. (251 Nm).
- Install the wheel.