Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Release fuel system pressure.
Drain and remove fuel tank.
NOTENote the rotational position of fuel pump module before removal. An indexing arrow is located on top of module for this purpose.
- Position the Locking Remover/Installer 9340 Tool into notches on outside edge of lock ring.
- Install a 1/2 inch drive breaker bar to Locking Remover/Installer 9340 tool.
- Rotate the breaker bar counter-clockwise to remove lock ring.
- Remove the lock ring.
Remove fuel pump module
- Using a new gasket, position the fuel pump module into opening in fuel tank.
- Position the lock ring over top of fuel pump module.
Rotate the fuel pump module until embossed alignment arrow points to center alignment mark.
NOTEBe sure the fuel fitting on top of pump module is pointed to drivers side of vehicle.
- Install Lock Ring Remover/Installer Tool 9340 to the lock ring.
- Install 1/2 inch drive breaker into Lock Ring Remover/Installer Tool 9340
- Tighten lock Ring until all seven notches have engaged.
- Install the fuel tank.