Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Relieve the fuel system pressure.
CAUTIONThe fuel system is under constant pressure even with engine off. Before servicing fuel rail, fuel system pressure must be released.
CAUTIONThe left and right fuel rails are replaced as an assembly. Do not attempt to separate rail halves at connector tube. Due to design of tube, it does not use any clamps. Never attempt to install a clamping device of any kind to tube. When removing fuel rail assembly for any reason, be careful not to bend or kink tube.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Fuel tank filler tube cap
Disconnect the clip that retains the fuel injector to fuel rail to remove the injector.
Apply a small amount of clean engine oil to each fuel injector o-ring. This will help in fuel rail installation.
- Install the injectors and injector clips to fuel rail.
- Position fuel rail/fuel injector assembly to machined injector openings in cylinder head.
Guide each injector into cylinder head.
CAUTIONBe careful not to tear injector o-rings.
- Push right side of fuel rail down until fuel injectors have bottomed on cylinder head shoulder.
- Push left fuel rail down until injectors have bottomed on cylinder head shoulder.
Install or connect the following:
Fuel rail mounting bolts and tighten to 27 Nm (20 ft. lbs.).
- Start engine and check for leaks.