Removal & Installation
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly from the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the electronic brake control module (EBCM) harness connector.
Disconnect the 4 wheel brake pipes and 2 master cylinder pipes from the brake pressure modulator valve (BPMV).
NOTENote the locations of the brake pipes in order to aid in installation.
- Cover the open pipes to avoid dripping of brake fluid or contamination of the brake system.
- Remove the BPMV mounting bracket nuts (2) from the inner wheel housing mount surface of the strut tower.
- Reinstall the top nut upside down on the top stud.
- Lightly tap on the bottom of the nut until the stud has loosened up.
- Remove the BPMV mounting bracket and EBCM assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the bolt that connects the BPMV to the mounting bracket.
- Lift the BPMV off the mounting bracket studs.
- Install the bolt that connects the BPMV assembly to the mounting bracket and tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the BPMV bracket to the strut tower.
Install the 3 nuts that attach the BPMV mounting bracket to the strut tower. Tighten the nuts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm) and reposition any lines or hoses that were moved out of place.
- Install the master cylinder brake pipes to the valve and tighten the fittings to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm). Install the wheel brake pipes to the valve and tighten the fittings to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Connect the EBCM wiring harness connector.
- Install the air intake assembly.
- When installation is complete, the ABS system must be properly bleed. Refer to the following section for additional information, -Bleeding the ABS System.-