Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel, marking the location of the wheel to the hub prior to removal. Mark the individual location of all retainers as they are removed.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Front halfshaft bearing. For additional information, refer to the following section, -Wheel Hub and Bearing, Removal & Installation.-
- Scribe the strut to the knuckle for reinstallation reference
- Remove the bolts connecting the strut to the knuckle.
- Remove the steering knuckle
Install or connect the following:
- Install the tire and wheel assembly. Tighten the lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (140 Nm) in a criss-cross pattern, after aligning the wheel hub with the reference mark and holes as shown in appropriate illustration.
- Lower the vehicle